Wednesday, March 17, 2010

another one of those obsessed fan stories.

It only took, an hour delayed train, a bus full of bogans, and four hours on unreliable public transport to arrived in Canberra; the city that makes me dizzy. But it was all for a good cause. ANGUS AND JULIA STONE. These two wonderful people happen to be my favourite musicians that I look up to more than anyone else. The concert was the first of the tour, and had been the first time Angus and Julia had played together for nine months, so I felt quite lucky to be there. Since it was a smaller, more intimate gig, I got right up the front and I felt so lucky. After a few hours of anxiously, and suspensefully waiting for them to play they finally appeared from back stage, it was the most overwhelming feeling i have ever felt, i lost all control and tears just streamed down my face. I think the people around me where like woahh, crazy, obsessed fan right here haha, but they were so lovely, they took photos for me, and one girl even let me go on the barrier in arms reach of Angus. The show was really amazing, I loved watching Julia dance around barefoot in her cute vintage dress, and Angus shyly stand in his little area with hair covering the majority of his face. The most beautiful thing was how they looked at each other. I don't really know how to explain it, it was just like that have so much respect and love for each other, and what they are both creating. Once the show had finished my friend asked this sweet old security guard if he could get Angus and Julia to sign the set list for her, and since they had previously talked and he thought she was lovely, he went up and got it signed. I didn't think things could possibly get any better until we all walked outside to get picked up and we ran into the bassist that played with Angus and Julia, he was quite nice and we talked to him for a while and then I glanced past his shoulder and saw Angus coming down the stairs. I gave him some space, and then I walked over and introduced myself. He was so gorgeous and shy, but very easy to talk to, he said he liked my dress, and I'm sure i blushed like crazy. I told him how I missed out on their last show when they toured because of exams, and he asked me all these questions, and I so casually answered them, as if he was some random person. I didn't want to be greedy so I had my photo taken, and let other people have their turn. Then our new friend Mr security guard came and talked to us and asked us how we enjoyed it. We said it was lovely and we wish Julia would come out so we could meet her! Then he disappeared up the stairs and came back with the beautiful, elegant, gorgeous Julia. She came straight to us and we talked for quite some time. She told us a story about a guy she knew who was a drug dealer and kept all his money in the insides of a couch, and over the years he had forgotten about it, and sold the couch and lost all of his money. We then talked about how lovely old couches are and all the stories they would have if they could speak. Anyway that night it was almost impossible to sleep, we couldn't stop talking about it and squealing and smiling, and every time I woke up in the night I thought about it and got excited and couldn't get back to sleep.
The best part is, I get to see them next week at another concert :D



2 comments:

  1. awesome photos. i really love that flowing blue dress! :)

    natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. shes just beautiful.
    they make any photos look good!

    ReplyDelete