Sunday, June 13, 2010

fresh green freedom

This long weekend my family and I went down to this lovely place called the king valley. We have some close family friends that we visit there, who live in a gorgeous house in the hills, surrounded by trees and wildlife. The best thing about being there is that you have no form of communication with people back home, due to having no phone reception or Internet, but honestly, you have no need or desire for it. Even the TV wasn't turned on the whole time we were there. It was just really nice to just sit and talk and have no other distractions. I kind of wish life was like that all the time. When I decide to buy a house (which wont be for a long time since I plan on living in many different places) I want it to be in somewhere like the king valley.
The first night up there we went to an opening of an art exhibition where we got to look at brilliant works of art whilst eating gourmet food and drinking wine, at the end we got to vote for our favourite to win the peoples choice award, and then judges would choice their winner. The one I picked as my favourite won an award :) I do have an eye for art! I actually picked it because I could tell the artist, Dennis Claydon was influenced by Fred Williams (My favourite artist).
That night I ate the yummiest pizza of my life. Seriously the best thing I have ever eaten. If I had to choose a food to eat on my deathbed that would be it! I would die one happy lady after eating that delicious thing that deserves a more glamourous name then pizza. Anyway, enough of my rambling. It was a wonderful weekend, and here are some happy snaps.


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment