Monday, August 2, 2010

change; we meet again

Everyone is growing up. I hate this, people are becoming unfamiliar to me. The adventurous friend that I looked up to and always saw as this incredibly free and joyous person, has now turned into someone who I can't recognise anymore. I don't want the people I've spent my teenage years with to grow up. I liked them how they were. I think this is so hard to me because I'm not ready to grow up, I'm not even ready to be 18 and do all the 18 year old stuff. I'd much rather be at school.
I think there's some interesting change about to arrive soon though, it'll be strange, so I'm not sure how it will go. I'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

  1. I think that there is a phrase, right after high school or the first or two of college, in which everyone changes, and becomes a more adult version of themselves...

    ReplyDelete
  2. change is inevitable, it's strange when people you knew so well change into people completley different.
    i don't want to grow up
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree! change is ever arriving...but growing is beautiful, hard but rewarding!!! best & loveliest wishes on your journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh god i am going to be 20 and feel like its a mid-life crisis. its a bit scary and exciting at the same time

    ReplyDelete