Possible the best venue i've ever been to. It was decked out in old couches and arm chairs, and the stage and all the frames were made out of tree brances Such a gorgeous setting! Archie Roach said that being out here reminded him of his late wife, because she remains in the trees, the water, and the land. He also had an empty chair next to him on stage with a microphone for her, which i thought was beautiful. I think we are really lucky to have somewhere this gorgeous only an hour away from Albury, It really felt like we were up near byron bay or somewhere like that. Hopefully they hold it again next year, i'll definitely be there.
Sunday, April 10, 2011
Folk, rhythm & life
Last night i found out what's worse than being the only sober one in a group of drunk friends... being the sober one with your drunk parents. The deal was that they would pay for my ticket if i drove them home. I thought it was a fair deal, but i've never seen my parents(mainly mum) this drunk before. For most of the time i just sat there watching people, and listening to the music because i didn't know anyone else there, but as the night went on, and the more embarrassing my parents became, i decided to move down the front by myself to watch the very cool(for lack of a better word) Dan Sultan. He started off with some slow songs on the piano, showcasing his powerful, and strong voice, then he introduced the rest of his band for some up beat songs where he showed off his elvis dance moves!


Possible the best venue i've ever been to. It was decked out in old couches and arm chairs, and the stage and all the frames were made out of tree brances Such a gorgeous setting! Archie Roach said that being out here reminded him of his late wife, because she remains in the trees, the water, and the land. He also had an empty chair next to him on stage with a microphone for her, which i thought was beautiful. I think we are really lucky to have somewhere this gorgeous only an hour away from Albury, It really felt like we were up near byron bay or somewhere like that. Hopefully they hold it again next year, i'll definitely be there.
Possible the best venue i've ever been to. It was decked out in old couches and arm chairs, and the stage and all the frames were made out of tree brances Such a gorgeous setting! Archie Roach said that being out here reminded him of his late wife, because she remains in the trees, the water, and the land. He also had an empty chair next to him on stage with a microphone for her, which i thought was beautiful. I think we are really lucky to have somewhere this gorgeous only an hour away from Albury, It really felt like we were up near byron bay or somewhere like that. Hopefully they hold it again next year, i'll definitely be there.
Labels:
Archie Roach,
Bilyana Amphitheater,
Dan Sultan,
Rick Steward
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(115)
-
▼
April
(20)
- I had no in...
- http://dearblankpleaseblank.com/
- :(
- I'm currently sitting on the living room floor wai...
- Xavier Rudd
- Mum was cleaning out h...
- I wish people would stop moving away/ getting in c...
- starsigns just get me hah
- She's too cute!...
- I'm in one of those moods where i dont want to be ...
- Lotus flower
- No title
- Folk, rhythm & life
- I miss sonny, i'm over this skrillex shit. I dont...
- dan sultan
- JBT
- attention breanna
- pops 80th
- Breanna at the art museum.
- The clouds looked nice this day.
-
▼
April
(20)

Thank you for your lovely comment! I'm often the only sober one in a group of friends and it's usually hit or miss whether it's an enjoyable experience or not, haha :]
ReplyDelete